Wednesday, January 22, 2025

#goals

 It's been a minute. One day, I'm living life as a stay at home mom. The next, I am working as a waitress at a little diner in town. Then, I decide it's time to go bak to teaching. And that's where we are now. For those of you who don't know, which I think my 4 readers do know, that I am now teaching 4th grade at the local school. Hip-hip! Hooray! also, I have been teaching since August so it's not exactly "new news." Anywho, I love it and I am so thankful to be back around adults. Well, I am still around kids but being at home you are really just around kids. Unless you are a pro at stay at home momming and like go get involved in things. That wasn't really me. I enjoyed my routine and my home. Ha!

New year, new me. Am I right?! No. Not really. The goal I have decided to write about has been something we, as a family, decided on last year, I believe. Before 2024. I was on a roll with my blog posts. telling myself, "One post a week!" Nope. Didn't happen. Too much pressure. I cannot come up with wise words once a week. You're lucky to get wise words out of me once a month. And when I told myself I needed to blog, I would get writers block because I felt like it had to be profound. It had to be perfect. But let's be real. My life is no where near perfect. So perfect words and blogging is not likely. 

So a little over a year ago, Adam and I decided that we wanted to do something as a family. Have some sort of goal that we can do all together. We absolutely love being outdoors and we had some of our best times camping out in Flagstaff back when we lived in Nevada. So we put two and two together and we decided that we want to visit all of the Texas State Parks. But then we decided, just visiting is way too simple. Let's take it a step further and lets camp at all the Texas State Parks. All before Aaron graduates from high school. We have 4 years. Well, 5 years at the time of our decision. That's a tall order! So we figured if we camp once a month during the school year and then go further places or double up during the summer and other extended holidays, we could perhaps accomplish this goal. We have had some hiccups and we have missed a couple of months. But we have been holding steady with out once a month camping.

The point of all of this: I have decided to blog and write about each camping trip. Not only for the world to see how amazing and adventurous we are (psych! but also, the world? Really, Jamie?), but also just as a a place for me to remember the fun adventures that we have had with our camping fun. And hey, maybe I can persuade some of you to go out there and touch some grass because the outdoors is so good for you. Nature is beautiful. God's creation is amazing and I LOVE being out there to take it all in. 

We started this journey way back in November of 2024, I believe. I am pretty sure that was our first real camping trip.  And boy! Was it a doozy! But you will have to hear about it the next time I write! Which could possibly be later today... because I am home with sick kiddos. 

To be continued!!


**I absolutely love music and I felt like this one was a good one about goals. Back in the day when I was super involved in the Crossfit, this song was one I would listen to because I actual goals that I would work toward in my fitness. It motivates me every time I hear it. Plus, I do enjoy the Imagine Dragons. They are fellow Las Vegans. Adam and I stayed on Fremont street one time and totally just saw them walking around downtown Las Vegas. It was a fun moment! Anywho, enjoy. **


No comments:

Post a Comment