Thursday, August 20, 2009

My very first post...

Three things before I begin. A) The date is wrong on my actual post and I can't figure out why. B) I don't like this template and C) I don't like that my title is not bolded and is super tiny. If any of you who read this know how to fix any of these problems, please let me know. And I know there is at least one who is good with websites. Thanks!

Well, here I am. My very first blog as a Lightfoot. Sure it's been over a month since I was wed. But you know, there are still firsts to being a Lightfoot. Like building a grill, walking the dog, playing Xbox, hanging a picture, playing Skip Bo (which I haven't done), and visiting Dallas (haven't done either). See I still have a lot to accomplish as a Lightfoot. I am stressing myself out thinking about all I have to do. Luckily, time is a grand thing.

Today started off slow. Duncan, the dog, goes crazy when you get out of bed. He thinks it's time to play. I end up disappointing him because the only reason I am getting up is to go to the potty. I can hear him outside the door thumping to the ground in disappointment. Sorry Duncan. He will have his time.

I am very excited, later on today I get to go meet my kiddos I will be student teaching with. These are the kids whose minds I will be semi molding. the teacher in the classroom will do the bulk. She is probably better at it anyways. This lady is oragnized to the max. I have never seen anyone with a classroom like hers. It stresses me out a little. Those who have lived with me know that I try hard to be organized but it ends up a chaotic mess. I remember having the roomates in my room to just hang out and my room bein so messy you couldn't really walk around. They hung out on the bed most of the time. It was the one place they could sit without being in a pile of clothes. Although, that wasn't always true. I usually put the clean laundry neatly on my bed to avoid hanging them. Good times. That is not the same case now that I have to share my bed. Which by the way is taking time to get used to. He still pushes me out of bed and I always find him laying on my pillow. No sir. that pillow is mine. That is why it's on my side of the bed and not yours. I usually wake up saying, "Adam. Move." He quickly apologizes and moves on. I wonder if he is actually asleep sometimes. He waits till I am in a deep sleep and swoops in to steal my pillow. I doubt that is the case but still. You never know...

Well back to meeting my kids. I went off on like 4 tangents there. Wow. That may be a record. Anyways, the kids in my class will be the ones who will mold what is being said in these blogs. Them and my S.O.S. children. So excited to see them again. My favorite family is going to be at the school I am student teaching. They better remember me. Or else... no I am kidding. I mean what can you do to a child anyways to make them feel bad. Nothing. Maybe not give them a piece of candy. I know that used to make me feel bad and cry. It still does. Well if not, then I will just move on to a new set of kids. Man, way to not play favorites, Jamie.

I suppose that is all I have to say for right now. I know for sure there will be more later on today. Life is not always lame in the life of Jamie. Til then, talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment