Apparently, I have already started a blog on this blogger.com. I had no idea. But I read over that very first post back in 2009 after being married and man, I was pretty funny back then. It got some laughs out of me. You never really know if you are funny till you write something and read it like months or years later and your like, "Whoa! I'm funny!" So, that was my daily self-esteem booster.
Anyways, here I am almost three years later writing on this blog. Not teaching, not in Texas, and not without children. I have one almost two year old and one on the way. 22 1/2 weeks along. Baby girl couldn't come fast enough. Haha. Pregnancy is not for me. Unfortunately, I love the kids so much that I forget how horrible pregnancy turns out for me. Between the morning sickness, aches and pains, and just uncomfortable sleeping, I am like almost miserable. Not totally. And let me tell you, having an active toddler while pregnant is hard. Can't be lazy. Ever. The good part about that is that I am in better shape than I was pregnant with Aaron. Enough pregnant talk.
I am watching the Bachelorette. The show is so ridiculous but I cannot stop watching it. Maybe it's all of the attractive guys and the drama. Though, the Bachelor has way more crazy drama because girls are just crazy.
I just found out some ridiculousness about this state of Nevada that I live. It's about the education system. Let me tell you. First of all, I am from Texas and I learned all of the Texas ways of the education system and how it worked there. People care about the kids learning and care about the education system. Here in Nevada, when you get hired, you don't get to choose the school you teach. The district hires you and puts you wherever they feel like it. So you don't get to interview with the principal of the school you would like to teach. You go wherever they need you to go whether you like principal or not. Too bad for you. If I remember correctly, in Texas, you get to interview with the school that you would like to teach. I just remember my professors telling us to learn as much as you can about the school you want to be hired. I just thought being hired by the district was crazy. Nye County is huge. You could end up at a school that is 200 miles from where you live. That happened to one couple. They are older and are married and one has to work at the school that is in the same town they live but the spouse has to work like 80 miles or so in another town. Talk about a commute. And then Adam told me that the governor of this "lovely" state has given up on the education system. Now he heard this from another teacher at school so it may or may not be true and he may or may not have said it word for word but the governor basically said that he isn't going to fix the Nevada education system because of how broken it is. Can you believe that?! What in the world kind of governor says that?! The system here is so messed up it needs so much help. It is sad because these kids out here are not getting the education that they need. They are struggling and hate school. They don't get what they need. Found out that the ratio for the middle school classes next year is 40:1. 40 kids in one class!! That is insane. I don't know about those elementary schoolers but how can a middle schooler learn with 39 other students distracting them. No wonder the kids don't learn out here. Geez. And it shows.
Anyways, Felt like I needed to get that out there. I am an educator, maybe not at the moment, but I got my degree in education and I'm very passionate about kids learning. So that frustrates me. Hence the reason I would rather not have my kids grow up in Nevada. Texas seems to be the better place for now. I want my kids to go to a school where they care and won't give up on them, like a lot of teachers out here.
Well, that is my non first blog! Hope you enjoyed it and hopefully I can keep updating! I like my template a whole lot better so that helps! See ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment