Welcome to the inside look of my life. :) Stories of life, marriage, motherhood and random stories.
Sunday, November 04, 2012
Better Super Late Than Never
About two months late... I usually update at least once a month but since the last update I have had a baby and we have had major changes in life. I just now have had time to sit down and blog. I have had the urge but I just now got the kiddos to go to sleep for me. Well, just the smallest one. Aaron is watching a lovely show called Wonder Pets. It is a catchy one. It has a nice song at the beginning that really gets stuck in my head all the time. In fact I will post it right here just for you to see and hear. :) You can thank me later.
Anyways, like I said, since the last blog post, I have had my lovely Zoe Jane Lightfoot. I am no longer large and pregnant with raging heartburn and nausea. I just can't even explain how great I feel, minus the lack of sleep and headaches. This is EXACTLY how I felt while pregnant. I would like to thank Scrubs for this lovely example:
Haha. Needless to say, it will be a while before the next kid grows in my belly. In fact, I hope for a boy next because this girl was crazy inside my belly.
Little miss Zoe Jane Lightfoot was born on September 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm. I guess I can just guide you through the process I went through. I will skip the yucky details to spare you fine people because let me tell you, the whole birthing process, as beautiful as it may be and as sweet as the miracle leaving your body may be, it is quite disgusting. Anyways, I had an appointment the Tuesday before the day she was born and the doc was like, "Hey do you want to be induced Friday?" And I was like, "Psh. Yah! Get me unpregnant please!" So low and behold, I went in to the hospital at 8:00 AM on September 28, 2012 to get started. Let me tell you, that is the most surreal feeling. I mean, with Aaron it happened all natural. He came right in between the two due dates I was given and he was ready and good to go. This one, I had it planned on when Zoe was going to join us. She didn't decide to come on her own. We were going to the hospital to get her out of me. We were for sure going to have the baby. It is pretty insane and very nerve racking. Being induced is kind of like setting yourself up for complications. Luckily, I had already had one kid so my chances of having a C-section were very low, according to my doctor. But anyways, I go in, change into that lovely hospital gown that never covers your bottom so you walk around trying to hide it. I am super pregnant and the bed won't lower so I have to like hop up into the super uncomfortable bed. Not easy. I had all of those invasive questions asked and got my bracelets. Then came the IV. Needles are a no go for me, even though I was poked and prodded and had blood taken out of me all the time being pregnant. The IV is huge though and they put it in the most awkward place in your hand. They stuck it in the side of my wrist. I usually get it in the top of my hand. So in the side of my wrist hurt really bad. I mean maybe more than those contractions. It hurt. I got my fluids and antibiotics. By this time I am hungry, but I cannot eat. They won't let me. Instead, I get ice chips. Yay. Not the most filling meal. Haha.
They then give me the stuff to soften my cervix and to get the process started. I won't go into detail of how they do that but I'm sure you can figure that one out. But it is a tiny pill. Surprisingly tiny. It takes four hours to complete and to take effect. And it does. For sure. I started having some pretty intense contractions and very regularly and crazily. Not fun. But I went form being 2 cm to 4 cm in that 4 hour period. Next came the pitocin. Thats when the contractions REALLY started to kick in. I was in so much pain. I did not feel contractions this intense with Aaron. I got the epidural like right away with him. Haha. They didn't want to give me the epidural this time until they knew for sure the baby was coming today. So to ensure that, the doctor came in and broke my water. Weirdest feeling in the world. Contractions came even stronger and they went to get the anesthesiologist. He was about to go into the OR to do a C-section and they were hoping to get him before he went into surgery. Luckily we got him before he went in. Woo hoo! So like 5 minutes later he came in and gave me the good stuff. It hurt like crazy because I was having contractions at the same time. But I could like feel the epidural entering my spine. It was weird. They didn't yell off all of the effects that could happen this time. I was thankful for that. With Aaron they told me all the things that could go wrong and I almost was like whoa, get that needle away from me please. But I mean they say you could be paralized and all of this other crazy stuff. Terrifying. This time he said nothing to me and gave me the goods and I was good to go. I can't even explain how relaxed I felt. I mean, it was like taking a handful of sleeping medicine, minus the extreme sleepiness. Just the relaxation part. So relaxed. I could go for an epidural like every night. Haha. It was such a good feeling. I guess because I was in so much pain and so tense. By this time I am like dying of hunger. I think that added onto the pain of the contractions. So about 15 minutes after the epidural and after the doctor had checked me and said I was at 6 cm I started feeling some intense pressure. I had this happen with Aaron and they were like, "Oh no, only 8 cm. Not ready." So I was hesitant to call in the nurse. But it happened again and again with each contraction so I finally told Adam to go tell someone. The doctor, surprisingly, was the one to come in and she checked me and BAM! I was fully dilated and she felt the head and we were ready to go! It took forever for the nurses to get all set up. I felt like the kid was just going to shoot out. I started pushing and with one push she was out! Easiest thing ever! Aaron took 45 minutes! It was wonderful. She came out at a whopping 6 lbs and 13 oz and was 20 inches long. So small compared to Mr. Aaron. Cutest little thing. She actually looks exactly like Aaron did when he was born. It was crazy! Oh weird thing, the doc had me pull Zoe out... That weirded me out. Plus all the weird gook all over her was weird. But it was cool! Haha.
So there is the story. Long but such a good one. Tempted to do the induction thing for the rest of the kids we may have in the future. It's nice to have it planned. Haha. We are very thankful to have the second addition to the family. She is a lovely and precious addition! jShe may cry a lot have way more gas than Aaron but we love her. finally understanding and getting her sleep and eat schedule. Aaron loves her and is usually sweet to her. Haha. I will try to post some pictures of her on here for those who haven't seen any.
I have other things to talk about but I think I have blabbed enough. Most of you probably stopped reading after hearing the word cervix or birth story. But I thank those who continued to read. :)
Oh and P.S.-- the Lightfeet will be moving back to Texas come December 1. :) :) To Tyler we will be headed! Excited to be back in the great state and close to most of the family. Though we will miss my parents a great deal. But we just feel lie Texas is where we need to go next. I heard and interview with Taylor Swift and a line from one of her songs was "Nothing safe is worth the drive." It reminds me of this whole situation. Anyways, we can talk more about this later. Till then, Thanks for reading! I will try to update a bit sooner next time. Haha. Probably not. Buh bye!
Zoe Jane Lightfoot right after she was born. Getting all checked out!
Just chillin. Wondering where the heck she is. Haha.
Going home. :)
Aaron finally warming up to his new little sister. Took him a coupe of days.
Big brother teaching his little sister how to use the play mat.
Drunk off the milk and passed out.
Smiling in her sleep. I was able to catch it!
I believe she is one month in this picture. Growing so fast!
Halloween outfit!
Arrr matey!
Thought I would add Aaron in here for those who love him. I know I do. :) You get a picture of his cupcake face!
Read your blog and so glad that Zoe was an easy birth. I know all about the wonder pets must have seen every one. Sorry to see you guys go but when I heard you guys were going to Texas I knew you were going back to where your heart is. Keep in touch on facebook, I would love to see picture of you guys. Hope to see you guys before you leave. I will always be grateful and it meant a lot when you guys brought dinner to us after my heart attack. God bless Diana Hill
Read your blog and so glad that Zoe was an easy birth. I know all about the wonder pets must have seen every one. Sorry to see you guys go but when I heard you guys were going to Texas I knew you were going back to where your heart is. Keep in touch on facebook, I would love to see picture of you guys. Hope to see you guys before you leave. I will always be grateful and it meant a lot when you guys brought dinner to us after my heart attack. God bless Diana Hill
ReplyDelete