Well hey there friends! So it's been a bit longer than my usual monthly updates. I apologize. Of course, there may only like two of you who actually read this but I still feel the need to say sorry. Hehe.
Anyways, quick update. Still preggers. Getting a bit more miserable as time moves on. Heartburn is much worse and I have no appetite and I feel nauseous pretty much all the time. Especially after naps. That's the worst. Blah. But I am glad the kid is healthy and that I will get to see her face very soon. Can't even express how ready I am. This pregnancy has been a difficult one. I think a lot has to do with the fact I have a wild toddler as well. It does not help. Haha.
In other news, it turns out that we will be staying in Pahrump for a bit longer than planned. Not my favorite plan but that seems to be the direction God wants us to be going. I'd rather be in Texas, personally, but like the song says, " you can't always get what you want." So here we stay. For how long? Hopefully not much longer. We will see. Definitely not forever. There is no way. I will gladly immerse myself in the land of west Nile disease. I will just cover my kids and I and Adam, if he lets me, in bug spray. Or deet. Whatever it is that will deter the mosquitoes. Anyways, that is beyond the point. It's will be a little while before we are back in the Great State. Or as a song I love calls it, " the promise land." the line from the song is, "even Moses was excited when he saw the promise land." om a lovely man named Lyle Lovett, "Thats Right You're Not From Texas." look it up. It's a good song.
Recently, I got a lovely package from the best roomies in all the land. It was four half gallons of the beloved birthday cake blue bell ice cream. Blue Bell is the best ice cream. A Texas ice cream of course and oh my goodness. It's like heaven. Okay, my Texas rant is over. I am done, for the night at least. Haha.
Aaron is now two, for those who didn't know. He is a trouble maker but is starting to use words, that I may or may not always understand, but it is a start and a wee bit easier to communicate. Other than all of that above, there isn't much going on around here. Just awaiting the arrival of the new addition!
Now, for the title of this blog. I guess I should get to the subject matter at hand. I am sitting here watching The Office. This show brings back so many memories. It was such a huge part of my college life. I mean, this was before they showed episodes of tv shows online for you to watch at you convenience. So if you missed an episode, you had to wait for the DVDs or reruns. You had to catch it when it happened. Luckily for me, I had a tv with a VCR and could tape what I missed. We did that a lot with American idol freshman year. Haha. Anyways, we pretty. Much revolved our life around watching this show. Thursday's were off limits for the viewing of the Office. Our daily quotes in conversation were from the Office. My first date with Adam was watching The Office. And Starbucks. :) Good times. I would go broke just so I could pre order the new season DVD. I still would but I have kiddos to think about now. Haha. The show had some rough patches but found its way to be funny again. At least, in my opinion. It was hard to see Michael Scott leave and now it is going to be the last season. I feel like I really grew up with this show. Yes I know it's just a tv show but I tend to have deep thoughts about random things. We are all moving on to a bigger and brighter future. College is over and we have all moved on. But this show will forever remind me of my dear Susanna and Emily West the most. They were hardcore about this show with me freshman and sophomore year. Haha. Speaking of hardcore, change of subject, but do you remember when we used to stay up super late playing Phase Ten and hating each other during the game because we were so tired and annoyed with whomever was winning. Haha. Good times. Anyways, here is the theme song. The music is what really gets me all nostalgic and what not. My memory: sitting in the dorms, done with finals, being super cold because we we're afraid of the heater in our dorm, and watching too much of this show. Season one. Anyways, here is the song. Let the memories flow!
The Office Theme Song
No comments:
Post a Comment