Which brings me to my next point. To those who haven't heard or seen, which I highly doubt, I would like to introduce the newbie in our family. Mr. Nathaniel Zachariah Lightfoot. Yes that is a mouthful but we really liked the meaning of the names. Nathaniel means gift of God. Zachariah means "remembered one." Both good. Anyways, he came to join us on January 14, 2014. It's nice to have a kid who's birthday is like opposite of the other two whose are only a month apart. Talk about a bank breaker. It's good to have space and we don't seem to be very good about space considering we have 3 kids under 4. Yikes. Haha. But at least they will be close enough in age to be friends. Hopefully. Back to Nate. He joined us at 8:15 pm on that lovely Tuesday. Pretty much unexpected because I was only 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Dr. wouldn't even induce me because I wasn't 39 weeks yet. I was apparently in labor for like 3 days. I had no idea. By the time I got to the hospital, the contractions were nothing. I was like, "Oh, another contraction? Psh. That's nothin."
I guess I could give you the details. Not too much in detail because some people get grossed out by certain things and frankly, I don't blame you. Having a baby is pretty gross, not going to lie. Contractions started Sunday morning. I was like, "Oh this is not a big deal. I just need to eat something and drink water. I must be dehydrated or something. Whatever." I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions for quite some time so I didn't know what these were. We went to church and I was still having them and they hurt pretty bad. I continued through the day with them going on and off. Then came Monday. I slept fine Sunday night and Monday came along and they began again. I was about fed up. I was having a lot of trouble getting the kids ready for school. I was in so much pain. So when I got to work, I was miserable and decided that maybe these are legit. They hurt much to bad to be the fake ones. I started timing but they were not close enough to take a trip to the hospital. Plus I mean, I had a doctor's appointment the next day. They slowed down a little and I slept okay waking up with some cramping and contractions on and off during the night. Then I woke up around 3 am and discovered I was bleeding, which has never happened in any of my other pregnancies so I freaked and was like, "Uhh, Adam, we need to go to the hospital." And then we proceeded to google my symptom. Bad choice. Haha. So we freaked out much more. Dropped the kids off at the parentals and headed to the hospital. All was good and my contractions were not happening enough to admit me. Plus I was only 3 cm dilated and baby's head was very high. So we were sent away. Waited around in Vegas for like a few hours and went to my dr. appt. I was still only 3 cm and she was like, "well, you can go home." But once we left I began to have some pretty strong contractions that hurt like crazy but they were still about 10 minutes apart. We decided to try and go home and wait it out because we were both exhausted. Got home, tried to nap and by 5 I was like okay, these things are about 5 to 7 minutes apart lasting about a minute. I think we should go so I don't have this kid on the mountain on our way to the hospital. One of the fears of living an hour away from the hospital... Haha. So we got to the hospital and they were like, "Hooray! 5 cm! You are staying." Praise the Lord because I could not sleep through those suckers. They hurt. Haha. Nurses kept asking me if I wanted the epidural and I was like, "More than likely." But when the doc came in she was like well, you are about 6-7 cm. Let's break your water and see how quickly you progress from there. You may not need the epidural." So we waited and literally 5 minutes later she came in a checked me and was like "Your 9! Lets start pushing!" They told me I could still get the epidural and the anesthesiologist even came in and was like, "Are you sure?! I will wait around just in case and then come check on you afterwards." The doc told me that I could probably do it without and I took her word for it and pushed baby out without the meds. It hurt pretty dang bad. Haha. Just the pushing part. The contractions were not as bad as I imagined. The doctor let me pull him out myself, which was slightly gross. Haha. But kinda cool. She was like, "Alright, go ahead and grab him." I said, "You want me to grab him? He is all gooey." But I did it. Haha. I do remember her doing the same thing with Zoe. So Mr. Nathaniel joined us at 8:15 pm. Our little third bundle of joy. :)
Yeah an ooey gooey picture but that is why I put it in my blog and not on Facebook. :)
His tiny feet.
Little man.
My lovely doctor.
A few days old.
Brother and sister watching tv together. They are friends. I love it.
They look like thugs here. At least Aaron does. Haha.
This girl is just too darn cute for words.
Sleepy boy.
He looks like a garden gnome in this one. Haha. Newborn clothes are even too big on him.
I caught his sleep smile! So cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment