I have returned with more nonsense. :) Get excited!
I really have nothing of importance to talk about. I just felt like rambling a bit this morning. I got to work early and I have had lots and lots of coffee this morning. By lots, I mean two cups. That's right. Two. Some would call me a lightweight. And yes, that is true. But you have to remember, I went 9 months with no coffee due to the fact that it gave me raging heartburn and made me the most nauseous of anything that went in my belly. It was hard to face those facts but I knew it would end soon. And here I am. Drinking coffee like its going out of style. And that is two cups for me. Usually I only have one, but Aaron and Zoe's daycare was serving it for parents this morning so of course I am going to grab a cup and go. And there is my coffee story. :)
I bet you are wondering, "Why is this blog titled 'George Strait?'" Well, this morning after I listened to some Imagine Dragons, Owl City, Pharell Williams, and Taylor Swift...(Yes, I said Taylor Swift) I was trying to listen to the station the Bobby Bones Show is on and it was just not working. The static was extra horrible this morning. So I got back on my faithful iPod, Myrtle. Yes folks, she is still alive and kicking. her battery may only last a short while but she still plays me sweet, sweet music. That girl is 7 years old. Anyways, I found myself looking for some George Strait. Who puts you in a better mood than some old country music by one of the greatest country artists. King George. I listened to, "I've Come to Expect it from You." That song takes me back to my younger days when we used to travel out to Marion, Texas to my grandparents piece of land. Mamie and Poppie were always listening to old George, Reba and Clint Black. So when I hear the old 90's music from them, I am taken back to the good ol' days of hanging out in a stinky tin roof house with old smelly furniture and a slamming screen door. The days of fishing and shooting bows and arrows. Wandering the property. Poppie killing snakes. I do miss that place. If my siblings read this they will remember how we used to sit on the trunk of the car as we entered the property and would ride to where the little house was. Looking back, that was really dangerous. I mean, I was really little. There was nothing to hold on to on our cars. It wasn't a truck. It was a car. Up and down steep hills and crazy turns. Haha. It's amazing we are still here. Anyways, it's crazy how one 2 to 3 minute song can bring back so many memories.
I hope you all enjoy my blog. I really just ramble about what pops in my head. I am really not concerned with grammar or making sense. I really just write how I would talk to you. Like we are sitting face to face and I am telling you these stories or just chatting.
Update on the kids. They are still a handful. Nathan is coming up on 3 months, Zoe is a firecracker and is now 18 months, Aaron is the older sibling. He loves being Mr. In charge. Telling Zoe what to do. He also is a bit conniving. He will do something and get Zoe to do it as well and when he gets in trouble he will say that Zoe did it. For example, they got into their Valentine candy and wrappers were everywhere. Zoe had chocolate all over her and I ask Aaron, who by the way had chocolate all over his face as well, if they got into the chocolate. He states that Zoe ate all the chocolate. I continue to ask if he ate it too and he shakes his head. Really kid?! Haha. He will also do things like when I tell them they can't go outside, he will start to go out the door and like lure Zoe out the door and run back in so that she can be the one to get in trouble. He is a stinker. I love seeing their personalities. They are all so different. I am enjoying painting Zoe's toe nails and playing with Aaron. My hugs from Zoe are the best because she will just randomly walk up and hug me. She is just a little lovable thing. So glad I have a girl. There would be way too much testosterone in my house otherwise. Ha!
Well, I wrote this post like a week ago and I don't remember what the point of it was, so I am going to go ahead and post it. Haha. I will hopefully write again soon! Buh bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment