Wednesday, August 03, 2016

I am back!!! ...for the 1481987 time!

Howdy y'all! So yeah, it's happened again. The itch to write down my random thoughts has reared its ugly head (is that even the saying?!) again. I saw a friend on Facebook had started up her blog again (Shout out Amanda) and it convinced me to begin again. This time, I am two years older and wiser. One year away from being in my thirties. I might as well have some sort of goal by now. Well, here it is. Writing in my ancient blog. 2014 was the last time you (those who actually read this thing) saw this thing in action. And that was like one time in 2014. One post. Pretty sad. My goal this year, in my last year in my 20's, is to at least get 2 posts. Two. Someone better keep me accountable.

Here's the deal. I am still on the high from meeting one of my favorite "celebrities." Now he probably wouldn't consider himself one because he is just a radio dude, but c'mon. All the people that follow him and the fact that his book is like a New York Times #1 bestseller, I would say he is maybe like a C or D list celebrity. I mean, on my list he is an A. But thats because there are really no other famous people I am dying to meet.  If they showed up in a restaurant, I'd be like, sweet, there's Ryan Gosling or something. Probably wouldn't go up to him to meet him. Just creepily stare.  Oh I lied. Darius Rucker. The Hootie and the Blowfish dude, for those who don't know. Totally on my list of people to meet. Or see in concert. So yeah, that is mostly what this post is probably going to be about since like, I just met him and all. Side note, I am writing this as kids are playing and screaming and crying and with one kicking my arm as I attempt to type. Oh the life of the mom of 4. No telling what I will say...

So Bobby Bones is a pretty cool dude. I have been listening to the show since they were on pop radio in Austin. Now the first time I heard the show, I didn't like it. I was annoyed because my brother, shout out Matt, wanted to listen to it, ironically, on the way out to Pahrump to move my parents. I was like, "Oh great, I have to hear these people talk the whole way." But they did what is now one of my favorite segments during Idol season (RIP American Idol) called "Helium Idol." Basically, it is what it sounds like. They inhale helium and then sing songs. Hilarious. I was hooked. I listened when we got back to Texas and then when we moved to Pahrump, I was homesick and continued to listen to the show because it made me feel connected to Texas in some way. Also, first moving out here, I had no friends except Adam and Aaron, so it made me feel like I had a few more friends. That being said, I have been listening to the Bobby Bones show for like almost 6 years now. I feel as if I know these people, which is weird. Since I haven't met any of them. Ever. And typing that, I have sort of realized why I like the show so much. It helped me get through a tough time, moving to a new state and everything. Plus, they are really great people. I could go on and and on but they are all about positivity and joy. Constantly helping others.

Anyways, fast forwarding to the now-ish. I am looking through my Instagram feed a few months ago (Yes I follow them on Instagram) and BOOM! I see the Raging Idiots (Bobby Bones and a co-host Eddie) and they are announcing a show in Vegas. FINALLY! I find out when they are selling the tickets but find out that they have a meet and greet package and BAM! I buy. Sure, it probably wasn't the smartest idea since we are poor and have 4 kids and a trip to Texas planned, but I mean, I have been waiting for this day since the Raging Idiots stared touring and thats like 3 or so years. Too long.

After our trip to Texas, we were on a low because we missed the humidity (Though it seems to have follow us here, minus the actual rain) and we missed the people and the grass and the trees....I could go on and on but I will digress. So we were on the low but then were like, "Oh my gosh! We get to see the Raging Idiots in like 2 weeks! Huzzah!"

Wait, I need to discuss why the Raging Idiots are so fun. Basically, they create parodies to different country songs. At their concerts, they have a whole bunch (Like 3 or 4 others) of their friends come out on stage and perform with them. They play cover songs and it's like a huge sing a long. Plus, they have written kids songs and our kiddos love them. Its a great time.

So the night comes and we are super excited. Probably more me than Adam. Ha! So we wait in line and they come out and everyone cheers. The line surprisingly moved super quick for a meet and greet. Now Bobby is a germ-a-phob and I told Adam to not shake his hand. He hates that. Knucks or chicken wing is the way to go. We got up their, I get super nervous. Like what do I say to these people?! I am awkward as it is. Lets make it more awkward by throwing me in front of these people I know way too much about but have no clue who I am. It's uncomfortable. And weird. I almost changed my mind and ran. Haha. We walk up and Bobby hugs me, and then I look over and Adam is going for the handshake. I was like, "Noooo!!!" And I wanted to like karate chop but I kept my cool. I could tell Bobby had a weird shake since he was probably thinking of the germs on Adam's hands, even though Adam is a constant hand washer. Not many germs there. So I hand Bobby the book. He signs. He is quiet. Eddie made us feel comfortable. His parents live in San Antonio so that gave us something to talk about for the short minute we were there. Adam was like, "We have no idea how to do this!" And Eddie responded, "Neither do we. Just go with it." Haha. Funny guy. And then we take the picture and Bobby for some reason thought he was like crushing my shoulders. I was like, "Nah. You are good." I surely didn't notice if he was. I think I was numb from being uncomfortable and nervous. Of course after the interaction I was like, "Oh man! I should have said this and that!!" But we were done.

The concert was of course so much fun!! We got to hear the Raging Idiots friend Nikita Karmen perform and she was really good. Like pure voice. She is Australian so I just wanted her to tell stories. but she was really there to sing. And then Bobby did some of his stand up and made us laugh and then they all came out and did their thing. Lindsey Ell was there, an AMAZING guitarist. And then their friend Trainer Ahmed was there. He definitely kept me entertain with his dancing in the background. Cracked me up. I just wanted to get up there and dance too.

So yeah. I am sure some of you... okay most of you could care less about my fun time at a concert and about people you have never heard of, but I told you about it anyways. Hey, maybe I have convinced you to listen to the show. Who knows?! I enjoyed it and would totes go again.

That was that and now it's back to real life again. Real life as a 5th grade teacher!!! Just found out yesterday and I am super excited! Had a rough year last year and I am super thankful I am able to make it back into the teaching world and at Aaron's school, so that is a huge plus.

You have basically gotten a taste of Jamie blogs. I am not always super deep. I more talk about random things that happen or funny stories or thoughts. I usually enjoy being funny. I hope I sort of accomplished that in this... hehehe. Anyways, till next time! Hopefully like in a couple of days... not years...

 Adam and me looking real good. :)
 Awkward hugs.
 Signing book. I look pregnant. Cool.
 They were probably super tired of smiling.
 Bobby and Eddie jamming.
 More jamming.
 Lots of fun.
 The whole Raging Idiots gang.
Gettin' down to Purple Rain!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie!! I, too, prefer to communicate via writing so I totally understand. I love your blog. Please continue to write. Love you! -Nikki from your community group and church and FB 😜

    ReplyDelete