Where do I even begin?! So much has happened in the past two weeks, it is just crazy insane. CRAZY! INSANE!
Let's just start from the beginning:
Matt and Sable came to visit at the beginning of June. That was a good time. I always enjoy hanging out with them. Sable and I were able to get pedis while the boys did whatever it was they did. I think they climbed a mountain with Aaron or something. Unfortunately, I got sick that night so it cut the time short. but they are coming back in like a week or two.
After that Adam's family came to visit. This is where all of the fun began! We were having such a relaxing and fun time hanging out together. Then I got the call from the fire department. No, nothing caught on fire and no one died but Adam gets on the phone and tells me he hurt his ankle really bad and he has to go to the emergency room to get an Xray. Awesome. How did he hurt his ankle you ask? Diving in the pool saving someone? Falling from a tree trying to save a kitten? Chasing a kid across the street to save and then getting hit by a car?! Oh no... skateboarding. Skateboarding back to the pool from making copies of "incident reports." Haha. Ironic and funny. Not that he hurt himself but just the fact that he was getting copies of "incident reports." Silly Adam. Anyways, we go to the ER and get the X-Rays, after waiting for quite some time, of course. The doctor determined that his ankle/leg was in fact broken. Not sure if surgery was required yet. We had to see an orthopedic doctor. Luckily, Adam had been to a podiatrist before and our friend who works there gave us an excellent recommendation. We got an appointment and traveled there a couple of days later and got the bad news. We were hoping to only have to get a cast and move on the from there but the doctor told us that he would need to get surgery. Plates and screws all up in his broken bone. Not good news for Adam at all. Luckily the doctor was cool. Even called Adam "champ." Haha. The funny thing is, this doctor is a young guy and probably isn't much older than Adam.
The surgery was scheduled for the next week. It was such a blessing to have Adam's family around during this time. They were so much help. Things would not have gone as smoothly if we didn't have them there to help make dinner and take care of Aaron during the doctor appointments. Not to mention, they cleaned our house! Haha. Very thankful they were there to help us out. Loved spending time with them. Always fun.
Well, the next week rolled around and we are blessed to have friends in Vegas that we could stay with during all of this surgery and what not. I had a Dr. appointment the day before the surgery. We went to that and baby girl is doing good. We were able to leave Aaron with our friends because they have two kids and we got to see a movie for the first time in a really long time. Unfortunately, I chose poorly on the selection but you know. whatever. Haha. We saw "That's My Boy." I thought it would be funny because it was Adam Sandler and Andy Samburg. But it was more gross than funny. There were some funny parts but goodness gracious. I don't recommend it. Some of you out there might like it but I didn't really.
The next day was surgery and I was a nervous wreck. they had to put Adam under and everything and that kind of stuff just freaks me out. Luckily Adam is brave. Haha. But the surgery went well and the doctor came out to talk to me when he finished and was like, "Surgery went good. I did a great job screwing the bone together and making it a tight hold." Haha. I was laughing in my head because he basically just said that he was awesome. But you know, I am glad that he is awesome and that he knows he is awesome because would you really want someone putting your bone back together who had no confidence at all?! Haha. He is a good surgeon. Glad he was recommended to us. Thankful that whole thing is over with though. Now Adam is on crutches and isn't the most mobile. He has to keep his leg up to prevent swelling. He will get his cast on July 3rd. then because the surgeon did "such a great job" he will be able to walk in a boot in about 4 weeks after getting his cast.
All of that being said, everything that has happened with Adam and his ankle has rocked our world. God has changed our plans and we are trying to figure out what is next. we have a couple of options but we don't know which direction we are supposed to go. It has definitely been a couple of weeks of growth and trusting the Lord that he will do His will in our lives. But I will say one thing, He has provided everything we need. We are so blessed to have friends and family around that are willing to help out. I just wanted to throw a big thank you out there for all of you. Even a small word of encouragement has helped out big time.
Oh and my birthday was yesterday. That was really all I had about the birthday. Not much happened but we did have a great dinner with my parents Monday night and then a great dinner with the pastor and his wife. Adam even made me a lovely cake that was delish but didn't look the way he wanted it too. Haha!
Till next time, my friends! Sorry for the really long post!
No comments:
Post a Comment