Thursday, June 08, 2023

A Second Post!

 I did it! A second post in like a week's time! I deserve a medal, as this is a record. 

Anywho, it's been a busy week! The oldest has started summer workouts and I have been doing my project a day on the house. Trying to declutter and organize. It's not perfect, but it looks a thousand times better. It's nice to be home and nice to have a clean house to come home to when we leave and come back.   There have been appointments and just keeping kids alive. It's hard work! 😂

Last year, I thought it would be great to add a dog to our mix. I had a friend (shout out Megan!) who's parents had a litter of puppies and they were black labs. I LOVE black labs because my OG dog, Duncan, was a black lab and that dog was PERFECT. So I thought hey, he was great, maybe another will be great as well. And he was free so why not?! So last year in June, we picked him up and brought him home ready for our new pup to get acquainted with Jax. Well, this dog is quite the scaredy-cat. Terrified of everything. So this dog we wanted to be outside turned into an inside dog because he was scared of all the things and he would run away and escape the yard. It has been a year of trying to get this dog somewhat trained. Trying him out in our yard and him escaping and terrorizing neighbors animals and yards. Not to mention, he likes to eat the chickens and that is a major no-no. So we had decided to go a different route. We bought a shock collar. Which at first I was like, "Oh, I don't want to hurt the puppy." But that dog is very stubborn. Over the past week, we have put him in the old goat yard that has a house for the dogs to sleep in, and every time he tries to escape we would shock him. He got all the way out a couple of times and ran to the neighbors yard. One time, the collar didn't fall off I shocked him a few times and he ran straight back to our yard. Success! And I tell you, that thing can reach pretty far. I have learned that I don't even have to shock anymore. A simple beep or even just a little vibration has been enough to scare him and keep him from really touching the fence. He is even to the point where he won't escape the yard in fear of being shocked, so that's a win! I give the shock collar a 9 out of 10! Only because, it has gotten stuck on the fence a couple of times in his attempt to flee the yard. I put the link for the dog collar below, if anyone needs help in that area as well. 

I finally was able to do a Cricut project this week! It has been too long and I have been really itching to do a project! My lovely friend's mom (shout out Susan!) was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery and she wanted to have some fun shirts to support her mom. So of course, I jumped at the opportunity to make these for her. Not only do I just enjoy the crafting, but it was supporting a good cause and supporting her sweet mom. So she gave me the ideas she had and what she wanted, she bought the supplies (shirts and vinyl), and I put the design together and I made these shirts for her!



I thought they turned out pretty cute! If you ever need a shirt made for a special day, just let me know! I'll tell you what is required and we can make it happen!

I think that's all I had on my list of things to talk about today. I do enjoy this blogging thing, and while it may just be my Facebook friends reading this stuff, I am A-okay with that. Till next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment