Goodness gracious. I bet many of you thought that I had forgotten about this blogging deal or that I have already given up. I have not done either of those. In fact, I think about blogging at least once a day if not more. But every time I sit down and have an opportunity to do this thing, I either get interrupted by little people, or I get a touch of that writers block I have heard about. I do struggle with that from time to time. Like, what in the world am I going to talk about today. Girl, I have no clue. <---- Me talking to myself. And that is one major struggle. So I have decided that I don't need a specific life changing topic (because you know, all the 2 topics I have written about so far have been life altering, brain blowing blog posts), I just need to type. And you, readers, have the decision to accept and read, or you can read a sentence and say, "Yeah, this isn't good. At all. " And just exit out of this mess.
All that being said, I am here to blab some more. So summer. They say it's relaxing. You have time to read books. You have the time to do puzzles. Relax by the pool. FALSE. I haven't had a chance to do any of those things! Granted, I am not going back to school in the fall but C'mon. I'm going to be chauffeuring kids to and from school. To practices and football games. Gosh. But really. Where did summer go you guys?!
Don't get me wrong, it's been a great summer! We enjoyed a trip to the beach and I got to celebrate my birthday and my youngest turned 3. We did get a couple of pools days and celebrated my sister - in - law's birthday and the 4th of July. We just got done with VBS. I got to be co-lead of the music. It has been so great. But in between all of those fun things it has been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and working on this house so maybe, just maybe, someone wants to buy it. But we haven't had much luck. At all. Nada. So I am honestly starting to think that God wants us to stay here because we have some sort of purpose. We do love our community and we love our church and the people there are very supportive and fun. We are just going with the flow. We aren't troubled either way and we set out with that attitude. Not selling won't break. So here we are.
When it comes to selling your house, you get feedback from what the potential buyers tell our realtor. So we take that feedback and depending on what it is and if we can do it, we have tried to take that stuff to improve the house in hopes that the next people to take a look don't have that complaint. The porch was one of those things. So Mary, my lovely sister-in-law, and I have decided to try and restore the porch. We have a ramp and it's made of wood that was painted and the paint is coming off an it's just not a pretty sight. So we are taking it upon ourselves to remove the paint and sand it a bit and then paint or stain it again to look better. We started the process yesterday and it is a way bigger job than planned but we will prevail and complete this job. 😂I will be sure to provide progress pictures.
Anyways, that is all I have for today. I am trying not to care so much about having a super awesome topic and I want to move forward with writing at least once a week. So there. I put it out in the universe so now I have to do it. I apologize with my words above don't make sense, I was interrupted by the small people I mentioned before and they just wanted to chat. Gotta love being a parent. 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment