Saturday, June 03, 2023

New Chapter

Guess who's baaaaack!

 Well, hello everyone! I have dabbled in this blog thing for years. YEARS I tell you. Dates all the way back to college, which I would like to say was only a couple of years ago. but as time has passed, as it naturally does, I look up and BAM! College was a good 14 years ago. Yikes. When did I get so old?!

   Anyways, here I am trying to start up my blog once again. I think I will have more time to ponder my thoughts. It's a struggle though because all my best ideas come to me when I am driving in the van and I am jamming to music that gives me inspiration. Music really gets me to think and dream and have conversations in my head. Then I get home and I am like, "Wow. Now would be a really great time to write in my blog." So then I get distracted by EVERYTHING and then I sit and I am like, "Well, I have no clue what all those thoughts were that were so inspirational and moving that I wanted to share with the world." So I need to find a way that I can just stop the van and write them down real quick so I can move you people. Or something...

    This blog post will mainly just be a "Hey, what's up guys. Be on the lookout for some inspirational or funny blog posts from a woman (I know I am old but tikes, this reality has just recently hit me of being called a woman and not a girl anymore) who has six kids and has recently quit her teaching job of 5 years to stay home and maintain the household. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

    It wasn't a decision I took lightly. I worked with some pretty great people who I will miss seeing every single day. We had gotten a pretty significant raise. The girls (Lily and Maddie) were in a great daycare that was cheap and they had their little friends. But all of that aside, it was a hard year and I was miserable. My class was the worst class I have had EVER. I had them somewhat under control and new kid came in who was like a wrecking ball and just changed the dynamic of my class immensely and I just feel like I lost control. I was having mental breakdowns constantly. I was tired and had no energy to give to my kids when I got home. Honestly, they were getting the short end of the stick. I wanted to quit at Christmas, but I kept pushing through because I didn't want to leave my team hanging. 

    So now I can focus on getting this house in order and paying better attention to the kids and their school work and helping them be successful. I can't wait to spend more time with the little girls and even attend more of Aaron's football games and just be present in the kids lives. I have been pretty absent. I was embarrassed when I went to their awards ceremony. I had no clue how to get to classrooms and who their teachers were. I am excited for that to change. 

    That's really all I have for today. I'll be back again in the near future. Hopefully in a day or two. Gotta get that inspiration again! ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️you will be sorely missed Jamie! I really hate how this year went for you.๐Ÿ˜ข

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to miss you! You kept us together and somewhat stable ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete