I did it y'all. I got some seeds. I got some plants. I began the journey to start a little garden on the back porch/deck. I figured that if I wrote it down, or in this case, typed it up and shared it with 10s of people, perhaps I could actually get my butt in gear and start this thing. And I did!! Here's a little preview of my progress and my little plant babies:
I can’t wait to watch them grow! I definitely love the process. I got to talk to Kim and her and Jackie have done the container type gardens and are doing a garden up in Iowa this year, so I got some advice and ideas of how to get this thing going. I'm real excited!
We were out of town this past weekend and I came home and I had some sprouts!! I am so excited. Look at it go!
As most of you know, it is Spring Break. My kids are home for the week. Tensions are high. We went on a road trip down to San Antonio to visit my side of the family. (Shout out to Jackie and Kim for making the trip down! We loved hanging out with you!) (I guess I should give a shout out to Matt and Sable as well - Thanks for the hospitality!!) (And I guess my parents too, what up mom and dad! ) (I don't know if they read it but shout out Charlie and Bek!!)(I think that's all the shout outs) Anyways, the kids had been stuck in the car, close quarters for like 5 to 6 hours yesterday. And now they have no breaks from each other. Normally, school would give them some break. The boys are arguing with each other as I type. About what?! I just can't even figure it out. What I hear is that they are all annoyed with each other about cleaning and who did what and who is being mean to who and it's never their fault. It's always the other person. And it's been at least 15 minutes and they are still going. One of them, I won't name names, ALWAYS has to have the last word.
There are 6 of these kids, mind you. And they always gang up on one of the kids. It is never an even fight. And I get so flustered and frustrated because there are so many of them. It's quite overwhelming. There are only so many places that you can separated 6 kids when they are all upset with each other. So I just ask that you pray for me this week. I can never seem to find a solution to make them all happy. I just tell them to be quiet and that if they aren't, they are grounded from video games. Doesn't seem to always work. So if any of you are like a parent guru and can give me some sound and excellent advice about squabbles between siblings, please let me know. I don't have t-shirts big enough to fit them in all together to make them get along.




No comments:
Post a Comment