Monday, March 04, 2024

Spring Time!

 I have one word for everyone. Allergies. Thats right. Allergies. Listen, Spring is supposed to be flowers and sunshine and great weather with beauty all around. But you can't enjoy that beauty because with leaves and plants and flowers blooming comes a huge deposit of pollen. I will tell you, pine trees are the WORST.



Anyways, that's all I have on that topic. Other than me feeling like death for the next couple of weeks, I absolutely love Spring. 

I know a lot of you are thinking, "Girl, you haven't written a post since August and in August you said that you were making a commitment to write at least once a week." You are right. I did say that. And I come back with no update other than the pollen situation. Well, let's be real. I had all good intentions back during the summer and come August but then our house like sold, but then didn't sell and then finally for real sold in December. So i have been extremely stressed about that and like paying two house payments for a few months so the blog thing was on the back burner. But here I am. My anxiety level has decreased and I feel like I can be a human, again,  who likes to ramble to you people about weird things that you probably don't care about. But if you don't like my topics, feel free to find another blog that interests you. 

Today's topic: Container gardening. I don't have much to say about this topic, but here we go! 

So like I said, we moved from our other house and are living in a rental. I don't really want to create a drastic garden outside because, well, this is not our house. But we have a pretty sweet deck out back and I feel like it would be the perfect place to at least grow herbs and maybe like tomatoes and some greens. So my goal in these next few days is to figure out how to create a cheap container-like garden on my back deck so that we can have some herbs and some greens and maybe tomatoes. I'm thinking I can maybe just find those 5 gallon buckets you can get from Home Depot or Lowes and just use those to plant things. I don't need it to be pretty, I just want some plants!

Also, if anyone has any ideas about Lemongrass and if it is going to grow back, please let me know. Mine looks like it has died but I have heard that it goes dormant so 🤷. 

This is really all I have on my brain at this moment in time. Maybe my next post will be something a little more exciting. But that post is not today's post.  

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to get a small-ish garden going too…wanting things for our chickens though, so we can cut back on chicken feed costs. But, everything costs money, and that’s a little hard to find at the moment. Hopefully, soon.

    ReplyDelete