Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Spring Break

Spring Break has ended for these poor, sad children. We had a great week and a great weekend to close it all out! But of course toward the end, Thursday and Friday, I made the mistake of saying I could work those two days from 11 to close. 😐
(I don't know if any of you watch Scrubs but this opera guy totally pops in my head when I say I have made a mistake.)

So that was a bummer. I made decent money but I missed out on hanging out with the kiddos! Luckily, I was able to hang out all day Saturday, Sunday and mostly Monday. But we had a great Spring Break and now they are back at school!

My plant babies are growing like crazy! Everything is growing except my tomatoes. Even my Stevia! I discovered this morning that there is one teeny Stevia seed growing and I am beyond excited because those suckers were so small. I did resolve my tomato issue and I bought a thousand more plants... maybe I shouldn't have but I had a little extra money in the garden budget so I went for it. I also bought some spicy pepper because Adam loves him some spicy peppers.
 

Anyways, I just get real excited about my plants growing!

So I heard a really good episode of my favorite Podcast fellow the other day. Like this one really hit me because I completely related to it and also the girl who called in, her name was Jamie, so it almost felt like he was talking to me. 😂 

I listen to a fellow named John Delony. He was often on the Dave Ramsey Show and he is a therapist type and he is all about anxiety. And let me tell you, I have the anxieties. But he isn't about diagnosing and making your identity as an anxious person. He is all about finding out what is causing the anxiety. What in your life is causing the anxiety to occur. He calls anxiety an alarm. People think it is just an awful thing to have anxiety but truthfully, the anxiety is telling you that there is something in your life that is causing it and once you get down to that particular issue, that anxiety alarm will start to quiet. He wrote a book called, "Living a Non-Anxious Life" and he talks about the different areas in your life that you can look at and work on to quiet those anxiety alarms. His podcast episodes are directed toward those particular issues. I just find many of the episodes super helpful and they give me good things that I can work on in my life to help reduce anxiety and guilt and all kinds of other stuff. 

Anyways, that wasn't the point of this post. Haha! But this episode I listened to the other day was about a woman who was just so caught up in her schedule and things had to be a certain way or else her life would fall apart (the jist of what she was saying). She said, "How do I motivate myself to get up and do yoga every morning at 4:00 am?" Delony was like, "Why does your day have to begin at 4 am?" She was just so stuck in her schedule and routine and there was no wiggle room. The things she was trying to do to improve her health were now beating her up because it was more stressing her out trying to keep up with it all. And thats what I tend to do in my life. I have these things I get so rigid about that I just forget to enjoy life once in a while and when I fall off the wagon, I beat myself up. A couple of weeks before Spring Break, Adam and I were on a pretty strict diet and then we go out of town and that diet totally went out the window and I was just so down and upset because I just didn't follow through. But its okay. I was with family I haven't seen in a while, we celebrated Bert's birthday. We had pizza. We had cake. It's okay. I was with people I love and it's a once in a while deal. Live life. 

Anyways, if you have 15 minutes, I suggest you listen to this clip or watch it. It really hit me and helped me think differently about my routines. 

Sorry this post was so long. I just felt like I had more things to say! Talk to you next time!







No comments:

Post a Comment